How To Save Time & Money With Kroger ClickList
(Note: Although, I was not compensated by Kroger for this post during the time it was published, all opinions, recommendations, and reviews are 100% my own.)
*Updated 4/18/2020: Currently, due to Covid-19, there is a 4-5 day delay for all grocery pickup and delivery Kroger Click List orders. In my experience, it is best to make a list of the things that you want ahead of when you’ll actually need it. Choose your date and time of pickup (within a 1-hour window) and modify (if necessary) 24 hours before you actually pick it up to allow the staff enough time to pack your order for you. Everyone has been amazingly flexible and gracious with us during this unprecedented time and we are grateful for each and every one of our grocery personnel! 🙂
Have you heard of the new grocery pick up service trend lately?
Seems like everyone is hopping on that bandwagon too, and for good reasons.
If you haven’t, you are surely missing out.
But that’s ok because I will let you in on the secret.
If you have, it is awesome and man does it make life a whole lot easier.
Because you order your groceries, online thus saving you much needed time and money with
Kroger Click List grocery pick up service!
Save more time and money with my free printable Weekly Menu Plan, scroll down below to
print one out for yourself!
Yup! That’s right, online! (cue the singing angels)
That means, in your pj’s, face naked as the day you were born and not one stitch of makeup to
save your life, hair like an endangered bird’s habitat, all the while knowing that you are being
quietly judged by the wait staff.
Yes please, I’ll take that.
What in the world?! That is awesome! 🙂
They even have people who select your groceries fresh to the pique of perfection for you on the day of your pick up!
Say you want slightly green but kinda yellowish bananas that are firm to the touch but still soft and sweet when you first bite into it?
Done! Just like that.
Man, that is some serious luxury!
If this is your first time using Kroger Click List grocery pick up service, here are a few things you need to know:
- Go to www.kroger.com (on your phone or computer, not available in the app yet)
- Click on Digital Coupons, on the top menu bar or the left sidebar under the Savings tab
- Scroll through to browse the coupons that are available
- Click Load to Card to select the coupons you want to use
- Go to the left sidebar and click on the Click List
- Use the search icon (magnifying glass) to search for items that you want -or-
- Do a manual search on the left sidebar under each of the store’s categories
- Select the quantity you want
- Add it to your cart
- Click on your shopping cart to edit items or to check out
- Choose your pickup location by typing in your zip code
- Choose the date and time you’d be available to pick up your groceries
- Bring your Driver’s License or valid form of identification
- Bring your credit or debit card with you
- Remember to bring any additional paper manufacturer’s and store coupons you’ve clipped by hand to deduct from your total bill
- You can also clip them digitally under the Savings tab, this makes it quick & effortless to save money
- Follow the Click List signs in the parking lot
- Once there, call the phone # on the parking sign in to let them know you’re here and in which parking spot #.
- Lastly, save your receipts and upload a pic of it via your smartphone to rebate apps such as: ibotta, check51 amongst many other rebate apps to save even more cash!
Here are just a few of the pros and the cons that I have discovered from my recent experience(s):
- Update as of 6/17/2018: You can now download use the Kroger app just like you would with the kroger.com URL on a desktop or any other device, including clipping digital coupons and placing online orders!
- Convenience! Their hours of operation are from 7am-9pm, 7 days a week!
- They also have same-day and 1-hour pick-up as well as deliver your groceries right to your front door! ☺ Check your local stores to see if they offer these services to you at this time.
- Your favorite items are saved from your previous grocery shopping trips, so you can buy repeat items if you need to do so.
- The Sales Items of the Week category shows you which of your favorites are on sale that week highlighted in yellow.
- You can combine your favorite sale items with the store digital coupons in the green font below each item to save even more.
- You have the power to control what you want to buy before you pay because you can see your cart total adding up to the right of your screen (that means no more sticker shock when you get to the cashier!)
- Because they will not care what you look like, just roll outta bed and go.
- You don’t have to get out of your car, sans makeup ok! 🙂
- You will save time and won’t waste a whole day walking around aimlessly through the store.
- You will save more money with their store and manufacturer’s coupons and see your cart before you pay.
- There are more than 40,000 variety of items to choose from while you shop.
- If your item is out of stock, Kroger will ask if you would like to allow a substitution and give you a comparable item in a bigger size for the same price of the original item that you’ve ordered at no additional cost.
- Your first 3 orders are free and then you will be charged $4.95 per order thereafter. But I have found that by using a combination of digital and printed store and manufacturer’s coupons, I am saving an average of $25 from using the coupons before I even combine it with the sales. Therefore, the $4.95 means diddly squat to me since I am saving much more than that anyway.
- If you ordered your groceries to be picked up the next day then you can make changes to your online order by midnight, the day before your scheduled pickup.
- Out of stock items, generally, most cashiers will replace your item with a similar brand item that’s bigger and better quality item for the same price.
- Cannot place a ClickList order on Kroger app yet, it’s desktop only, for now.
- Cannot order prescriptions thru ClickList, at this time.
- You cannot make any changes to your online order on any Same-Day pickup orders.
- There is a $4.95 service charge for additional orders after your 3rd free order
- When it comes to cashiers, most are really nice and are genuinely great people. But be mindful that there is occasionally a bad apple here and there. Just remember to smile and be as polite as possible and rest assured that there is a survey on your receipt to fill out and give feedback (keep it civil and constructive) about your experience. They really do listen! 😉
Some more things to consider:
- You will need to have a major debit or credit card ready to be able to place your order online since no other forms of payment are accepted at this time.
- You will be given an estimate of your costs, before coupons.
- Your cashier person will adjust the final total when you arrive for your order pick-up.
- Even with a few cons, I have found that it is definitely worth the time and effort to at least try it out.
- After my first few times using Kroger’s ClickList, I received a free bag of their store brand Candy Corn, package of Chips Ahoy Cookies, as well as a Meal Planning Kit, just for being a repeat customer.
- It was a cute little appreciation gift they gave me for trying out their service and for being a loyal customer.
- They got an A for effort, right there. 😉
- I have been hooked ever since.
As promised, here is my free printable Weekly Menu Plan to help you save time, money, and
stress by knowing exactly what to feed your family, enjoy!
Click here to find out more about Kroger Click List.
Do you have any curbside grocery pickups in your area? If so, leave a comment and let me know what you think of it.
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂