*Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. I am a participant of the Amazon Associate Program. I may earn a commission on any qualifying purchases that you make at no additional cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosures. disclosure
Sausage & Egg Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Don’t you just love a quick grab & go meal for those busy mornings when you’re rushing out the door to save you from your hanger pangs?
If you’re anything like me, sometimes you just forget to eat breakfast all together because you’re busy putting everyone else’s needs before your own.
When you finally get a chance to sit down and catch your breath, you realized too late that it’s well afternoon and breakfast was over hours ago.
Does this sound like you too? Yep, same here. 🙂
This is why I love these Sausage & Egg Breakfast Burritos.
When I remember to prioritize Sundays as my meal prep days, my days and weeks go by so much smoother.
It certainly helps to keep my belly full while I am busy doing all the things too.
Here’s how to make theses yummy Sausage & Egg Breakfast Burritos ahead of time on the weekends so that you too can have much smoother mornings:
Ingredients: (yields about 1 dozen breakfast burritos)
- 4-6 medium to large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- a pinch of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 bag of thawed sausage crumbles from your grocery freezer section
- 1-2 packages of soft flour tortilla shells
- 1 roll of plastic wrap or parchment paper
- 1 gallon-sized resealable plastic freezer bag
- 1 sharpie marker for labeling
- You can add the following toppings right before you serve your breakfast burritos after it’s been thawed and reheated.
- We normally use turkey sausage, but you can use any meat or meat substitute that you like.
- Diced up green onions (scallions), red onions
- Diced up bell peppers: red, orange, yellow
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- Cholula Hot Sauce, Chile Verde, or salsa
- Sour cream
- First, let’s crack open those eggs and add in the salt, black pepper, & a splash or 2 of milk and whip them up good with a whisk.
- Next, spray your frying pan with cooking spray and turn your heat up to medium.
- Once the pan is hot, pour your egg mixture inside and scramble your eggs up well while stirring regularly with your spatula.
- This would be a good time to add your shredded cheese if you want to.
- Set aside your scrambled eggs and start cooking your sausage crumbles using the same pan.
- Spray your frying pan again with cooking oil to keep your sausage from sticking and burning the bottom of the pan.
- Set your cooked sausage aside on another plate.
- Now for the assembly, lay out your plastic/parchment wrap on a flat surface and place a tortilla shell on top.
- Layer in the sausage and egg and wrap each burrito up individually.
- Place all of your individually wrapped burritos inside a freezer bag and label it before you set them inside your freezer
- Enjoy your breakfast burritos on the go the next morning! 🙂