Juicy & Delicious Fruit Tarts
Anytime there is a party and you don’t have a clue what to bring, try this recipe for juicy & delicious fruit tarts.
These are usually one of my go-to’s that I would bring to any party because it can usually do the job to please any picky palette.
It is relatively healthy compared to what people normally would serve for dessert (think rich creams and sickeningly sweet chocolates ie. death by chocolate cake, mmmm-drools.) and it is Vegetarian-friendly for those of you who do not eat meat.
I love that these are relatively easy to prepare as well.
However, if you don’t have a lot of time in your day to spare 1-2 hours, you can easily pick up a dozen or so of the mini pie tart shells from your local grocery store and prep them just as easily too.
Check out this recipe for juicy and delicious fruit tarts below.
Ingredients for Tart Shell: (will yield about 2 dozen tarts)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of course sugar
- 2 and ¼ cups of All purpose flour
- oil spray
- 1-2 muffin tin that yields 1 dozen mini fruit tarts
- You can use cupcake liners to want to avoid washing the muffin tins.
- You can use any color sugar around the rim of the tarts for an added touch of whimsy depending on the holiday or occasion.
Directions to bake the mini tart shells:
- Set your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- If you’re going to be baking your mini tart shells, spray your pie tins with oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese the stick of butter and a bit of flour, a little bit at a time until it’s all Incorporated into a nice big ball of dough.
- Pinch off a hunk of dough using a teaspoon for each slot in your pie tin and spread it evenly inside each of the pie tin cavities pressing firmly with your fingers.
- Pop your mini pie/tart tins in the oven and bake them for 12-15 minutes.
- Take them out when they are done and let them cool out at room temperature.
- Hint: this is a good time to press the colored sugar into the rims of each tart shell if you are going for a festive holiday look.
Ingredients for the cream topping:
- 1 package of Jello French Vanilla Custard Mix (prepare per instructions on the box, add milk, & chill in the fridge for 1 hour)
- 1 tub of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- After the custard has been chilled & firm, mix in the whipped topping then continue to chill in the fridge until right before serving.
Fruits Needed: (Wash, dry, and cut up your fruit and set it in the refrigerator for assembling later.)
- Grapes (any kind)
- Mandarin Oranges/Peaches/Mango Chunk
- You do not have to use this entire list of fruit listed.
- These are just some ideas to add more color & variety to make your fruit tarts look delicious and appealing because we all know that you eat with your eyes first.
Directions for assembling the mini fruit tarts:
- Once the tart shells are all cool, spoon a bit of cream filling into the cavity of each tart shell
- Then top each cream-filled tart shell with an assortment of the fruit of your choice
- Served chilled and garnish with a spring of mint leaf, if you like.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 bunch of mint
- Garnish each fruit tart with a mint leaf for an easy touch of fancy.