How To Quickly Clean & Organize Your Bedroom
It’s My Sanctuary
I don’t know about you, but my bedroom is my sanctuary.
If you’re anything like me, you are probably known for being busy & restless too because you have a tendency to chase squirrels and to do All The Things.
But even so, being a busybody all day long leaves you tired and exhausted.
What better way to treat yourself at the end of a hard working day than to come back to a fresh, clean, & organized bedroom and a soft and comfy bed too, of course.
Sounds like a perfect dream, if you ask me! 🙂
One Hot Mess!
But sometimes, as you know, life gets in the way of our best intentions to stay clean and organized, especially when it comes to making our beds.
I have to confess, most days, I don’t even bother making my bed.
On those crazy days, I’d get up early (7am) and I stay up way too late on most nights (3am). Do you do this too or is it just me?
But that’s no excuse to not have a clean and organized bedroom that you deserve!
Here’s how you can treat yourself to quickly create a clean & organized bedroom sanctuary that you can enjoy each and every night without having to waste any money at a hotel or spa.
1. From Top to Bottom:
- Dust ceiling & 4 corners
- Dust & Wipe walls
- Open up the drapes & let light in
- Open windows for fresh air (weather permitting)
- Spray the drapes with room deodorizer or your favorite air freshener
- Declutter surfaces
- Dust & wipe the tops of furniture with furniture polish
- Spray & Wipe mirrors and glass surfaces with glass cleaner
- Remove your bedding & pillowcases & throw it in the washer on heavy duty cycle
- Flip your mattress and vacuum it with your handheld or canister
- Change your bedding & pillowcases
- Make your bed (You deserve it, I promise! 🙂
-fluff your pillows
-tuck in the bedding, sheets, covers, and blankets
-arrange in odd or even number of pillows symmetrically
-artfully drape a cozy blanket over the foot of your bed
- Pick up all the things off the floors and place them back where they belong.
- Sprinkle carpet deodorizer on your rug or carpet and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Vacuum the entire room even the area under your bed and furniture.
- Vacuum yourself out of the room.
- If you have a hard surface floor, mop it with a gentle floor cleaner like Swiffer or Bona.
4. The Finishing Touches: (my favorite part)
- Choose your favorite flower & put in a vase by your nightstand.
- Only 1 stem will do, if its an ornate flower, like an orchid.
- Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Choose your favorite photo and display it on your nightstand.
- Choose some of your favorite artwork and display it on your wall.
And there you have it, some quick and simple things to do to quickly clean and organize your bedroom.
All you really have to do is get up and tuck in the sides of your covers when you wake up.
Then come bedtime, all you’d have left to do is to jump into your cozy bed that you fluffed up for yourself and fall asleep, easy peasy, right? 😉