How To Make Authentic & Delicious Fried Rice
Because I grew up in a restaurant, I know good flavor when I can see and taste it.
And that is why people often ask me how to make authentic and delicious fried rice.
But it doesn’t necessarily mean I love to cook.
I’m A Lazy Cook
Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I am the laziest cook on the face of this planet. I will take shortcuts whenever necessary because I just don’t enjoy cooking.
To me, it is a great big time suck!
But I do have a family who constantly drools over every dish I make, with the exception of my picky eating daughter, that is.
I’m not even kidding you, they’ll fight each other’s just to lick the bowl and I just take that as a compliment. 😉
So here it is, the right way to make authentic and delicious fried rice.
- 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 2 cups of cooked rice, preferably long grain white rice like Jasmine
- 2 Large eggs beaten & scrambled, add a splash of milk to make it fluffy
- 1 cup of soy sauce, preferably the Golden Mountain Brand
- I bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups of broth, chicken broth is best but any broth will do, it adds flavor!
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of ground white pepper
- 1 handful of cut up green onions
- one handful of fresh bean sprouts
- If you do not have cooked rice on hand, you can make some.
2. It will take about 40 minutes to cook if you have a rice cooker or if you prefer to cook it over a stove top.
3. Check out this recipe if you do not know how to cook rice in a rice cooker, microwave, or a stove top.
4. Here’s the big secret to making really good fried rice, make sure your cooked rice has been completely cooled before you make fried rice!
5. It makes such a huge difference between soggy rice and good rice.
6. Take this as a public service announcement: please don’t make soggy fried rice make sure it’s completely cooled! (Wait a couple of hours, afterward, you can fry it in the wok.)
7. Thank you very much for your time, consideration, and patience!
8. Now, in a large Wok, drizzle in about 2 tablespoons the sesame oil inside.
9. Add the scrambled egg mixture and fry it in the walk for about 1 or 2 minutes.
10. Now take it out and place it on a large plate to cool down and cut it up into small bite-sized pieces.
11. If your wok is too dry at this point, add another two tablespoons of sesame oil.
12. Now add the cooked cold rice and cook for about 2 minutes.
13. Add in your Frozen mixed veggies and sautee them for another 3 minutes.
14. Slowly add the broth to your cook rice and let it evaporate while you continue to stir and cook the rice for about 5 minutes.
15. Add the salt, sugar, and ground pepper and saute for about another 3 minutes.
16. Right before serving, add a handful of bean sprouts and garnish your dish with green onions.
17. Serve immediately and enjoy with your favorite dish!