*Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. I am a participant of the Amazon Associate Program. I may earn a commission on any qualifying purchases that you make at no additional cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosures. disclosure
How To Deep Clean Your Bathroom In Less Time Than You Think
If there was ever an award for Fastest Ruined Bathroom, you’d win it in a heartbeat!
No matter how hard or how often you try to keep your bathrooms clean, you know in your bones that it is just a fruitless effort to fret over it.
But even though you know in your heart of hearts that clearly you are no Martha Stewart, you’d still want to have a nice sparkling clean bathroom.
One that you can actually enjoy using in peace without fear of catching some unknown disease inside.
Fret no more girlfriend, here’s how you can deep clean your bathroom in less time than you think.
Some Tips For Even Faster Cleaning:
1. Print out the Weekly Cleaning Checklist and attach it to a clipboard with a pen or laminate it and use a dry-erase marker so that you can easily reuse it for future cleaning.
2. Grab a timer, your smartphone timer will work well here too.
3. Grab yourself some earbuds while you’re at it. You’ll be getting in a great work out session or a listen to that favorite podcast episode you’ve been meaning to catch up on. Now you can do it while you are tidying up your home for the Spring at the same time thus killing 2 birds with one stone!
It’s a win-win! 😉
4. Coral all of your cleaning supplies in a handy carrying tote/dorm caddy, the one that college kids use to carry all of their toiletries. They also work well for holding all of your household cleaning supplies as well.
5. Or if you are lazy, like I am, just keep a tote of cleaning supplies in each of your bathrooms so that you don’t have to lug your cleaning caddy everywhere.
6. That way, you can just carry the vacuum cleaner or canister leaving your other hand free for the oddball list of things that your kids may surprise you with along the way, like stray pieces of legos. Ouch!
Contents of Cleaning Caddy:
The contents of your cleaning caddy should include the following cleaning supplies to make your life easier and dare I say, more enjoyable:
- Pair of rubber/latex gloves
- All-Purpose Cleaner (my 2 favorites are Method Berry Blend for light cleaning & Clorox Bleach Spray for Heavy Duty Cleaning)
- Paper Towel Roll
- Glass Cleaner
- 1 utility brush
- Spare toothbrush (for cleaning only! lol)
- 2 cleaning rags (preferably dustless, 1 dry and 1 wet)
- Carpet deodorizer (I prefer to make my own with baking soda & essential oils, it’s 1 less to carry.)
- A container of Baking Soda
- Bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide
- Dawn dishwashing liquid (or any equivalent)
- A couple of melamine sponges like Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Toilet Brush
- White Vinegar in a spray bottle
Okie dokie, now that we’ve got all of our cleaning supplies ready to go, let’s get down and get dirty!
Deep Clean Your Bathroom:
- Let’s start by giving our toilet a good swirl of toilet bowl cleaner.
- Next, spray the entire toilet with bathroom cleaner spray.
- Let the cleaners marinate for about 10 minutes to break up the dirt and grime.
- You can move on to #2 while you are waiting for the cleaners to do it’s work.
- After 10 minutes, give that toilet bowl a good scrubbing with your toilet brush.
- Now, really get inside every nook and cranny of your toilet seat hinges and hard to reach areas around the base of the toilet with your designated bathroom cleaning toothbrush.
- Remember to wash & bleach it well after each use for scrubbing toilets only.
- I’d label it with a sharpie also to avoid unfortunate blunders. 😉
- Use your paper towels to wipe down the toilet from top of the toilet to base and the surrounding area, particularly the floor and walls surrounding the toilet. 😉 #BoyMom
2-The Tub & Shower:
- Turn on the water in your tub and shower and wet the surrounding areas inside.
- Give your tub and shower area a good squirt of bathroom cleaner and let it sit for about 10 minutes to loosen up all the soap scum.
- You can move on to #3 while you are waiting on your tub and shower to marinate.
- After 10 minutes, give your tub and shower area a good scrubbing with your melamine sponge.
- Rinse it out well with water.
- Remember to scrub your shower head with your utility brush.
- Check to see if your drains are working well, if not remove the plug and degunk it with a drain cleaner like baking soda & vinegar.
- Pour in ½ cup baking soda into your sink drain and around the inside bowl of your sink & let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Next, 1 cup of vinegar into your sink and scrub it with a utility brush
- Declutter your countertop surfaces and ruthlessly purge expired items & items you no longer use.
- Spray bathroom cleaner onto your countertops, fixtures, cabinets, vanity area.
- Spray your mirrors and glass surfaces with glass cleaner.
- Wipe down your surfaces, mirrors, & glass thoroughly with a paper towel.
4-The Ceiling & Fan:
- Using a step ladder extendable duster, dust the surrounding ceiling, walls, and corners to let the dust fall to the ground.
- While you’re up there, give your ceiling fan a good wipe down with a paper towel & a spray of all-purpose cleaner.
5-The Light Fixtures:
- Use plenty of paper towels & all-purpose cleaning spray or a wet rag for this since it is one of the most neglected items that we tend to forget to clean.
- There will be lots of caked on dust.
- Ask me how I know. 🙂
- Spray your sconces or light fixtures and light switch and wipe them down with a damp rag or paper towel.
6-The Bath Rugs:
- Remove all bathroom rugs and mats and place them in another room, for now, to clear everything off the bathroom floor.
- Check to see if they are washable in your washer and dryer if so, throw them in the washer for your weekly cleaning routine.
- If they are not washable, spot clean them with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and hang them up to dry.
- Once dried, lay them back in there designated areas and now they are ready to use and is now good as new once again.
7-The Floor & Doors:
- Fill a bucket ½ way with hot soapy water (1 squirt of Dawn) & ½ cup of bleach.
- With a wet rag, mop your bathroom floor with the soapy solution scrubbing the floor evenly across your bathroom.
- Remember to wipe down the baseboards as well as any floor vents.
- Dump out the dirty water and refill with clean water and re-mop your floor to remove the stickiness of the soapy water from previous.
- Last but not least, wipe down each door and doorknob with a wet rag.
Let’s Wrap It Up In A Nice Bow:
And that is how you deep clean a bathroom quickly and effectively.
I hope you have found these tips and tricks helpful.
For more valuable resources to help you tackle the messiness of life, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and get access to all of my free printables inside of my Resource Library like my
Weekly Cleaning Checklist so that your next cleaning session will go by smoothly.
Until next time, enjoy! 🙂