Grilled Cinnamon Sugared Pineapple Slices
Have you ever had the pleasure of going to a Brazilian Restaurant Buffet before?
If you have, then you may be familiar with this delicious dessert treat that is an all-around crowd pleaser, these grilled cinnamon sugared pineapple slices are simply delicious!
We were first introduced to these delectable slices of heaven a few years ago on a family vacation to Myrtle Beach.
We were driving around the touristy area looking for a place to check in for dinner.
Lo and behold, the beautiful lull of palm trees and island music from Rios Brazilian Steakhouse caught our eyes and the wonderful aromas of grilled delicacies hung on our noses.
If you ever get the chance to visit Myrtle Beach, go treat yourselves to dinner at Rios Brazilian Steakhouse.
It is heaven on earth! (drools)
However, if you’re on a tight budget and would like to recreate a little sliver of your very own heaven on earth, try your hand at making these grilled cinnamon sugared pineapple slices at home.
It is one of several treats that are offered by Rios.
- 1 Fresh pineapple
- 1 tblsp brown Sugar
- 1 tblsp ground cinnamon
- Butter Spray
- Dry Ingredients- mix together dry ingredients (brown sugar & cinnamon)
- 1-Remove the crown and the outer green layers of the pineapple and cut it up.
- 2-Slice the pineapple vertically into 4 quarters and remove the core.
- 3-Continue to divide the pineapple into vertical spears of 8-12 vertical pieces.
- 4- Reserve 1/2 of the dry ingredients for later.
- 5-Lay each piece on a cookie sheet and coat each side with the cinnamon sugar mix.
- 6-Place each spear piece on grill for 1 minute per side.
- 7-Sprinkle each pineapple spear with the reserved cinnamon sugar while hot off the grill, right before serving.
- 8-Optional: garnish with a sprig of mint