Green Machine Smoothie Bowl Recipe
I can already feel it in my bones, signs of life outside peeking through.
Spring is arriving! Yay! 🙂
Blades of green grass eager to sprout, birds swirling around in a frenzy, everything is vying for some warm sunshine.
Maybe it is just me but I am not if you feel this way too, with signs of warm weather all around us, I notice that my appetite is waning and I am not as hungry as I usually am.
The opposite is true when it is cold outside.
What better way to start off your day than with a refreshing and healthy bowl of green machine smoothie!
You can even take it on the go!
Just pour it in a tumbler and have the energy to enjoy the rest of your beautiful Spring day outside.
Here is how you can whip it up below.
Ingredients for the smoothie: (yields 2 glasses of 8 oz. each)
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen Strawberries
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen Blueberries
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen Raspberries
- 1 handful of fresh or frozen Grapes (any kind)
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Kiwi
- Frozen Spinach or Kale
- ½ medium cucumber sliced or cut in chunks
- 1 cup of your choice of milk
- If you do not have frozen spinach, kale, or kiwis on hand, you can also substitute these with 1 cup of green smoothie juice from your local grocery store refrigerated section.
- If you prefer to not use ice in your smoothies, you can use frozen fruits like I do.
- You can use any kind of milk, but I prefer soy, almond, or coconut milk.
- For an extra pack of protein, I like to add a scoop of Vega Protein Powder to give my smoothie some bulk.
- It helps to stave away the hunger pangs until dinner time without the need to grab an extra snack.
Ingredients for the toppings:
- Chia seeds
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh sliced kiwi
- Coconut flakes
- Honey granola
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients for making your green machine smoothie bowl.
- Blend together and pulse intermittently for about 2-3 minutes
- Add extra milk if it gets a bit too bulky.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and dress it up with the toppings of your choice.
If you love to add more fruit to your day, check out this recipe too!