Easy & Yummy Fruit Pizza
For anyone of us who has ever been invited to a party and wasn’t sure what to bring, this post is for you.
This colorful fruit pizza recipe is not only yummy, but it is also easy to make and budget friendly.
Not only that, because there are such a variety of different fruits that are healthy and beneficial for you, it is also quite a crowd pleaser for everyone to enjoy as well for.
So the next time you have a get-together, be sure to whip up a batch of this easy & yummy fruit pizza.
It will surely please even the pickiest of palettes!
Ingredients for sugar cookie crust: (or yields about 2 dozen individual cookies)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract ( or ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder)
- 1 stick of butter (½ cup)
- 2 and a ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Ingredients for the cream topping: (Mix these two creams together and place it in an airtight container and place it inside your refrigerator for later.)
- One package of cream cheese
- One tub of marshmallow cream
Ingredients for fruit: (Wash, dry, and cut up your fruit and set it in the refrigerator for assembling later.)
- Grapes (any kind)
- Mandarin oranges
- Or you can just grab a tube of sugar cookie dough from your local grocery store freezer or refrigerated section if you are short on time.
- You can also grab pre-washed and pre-cut fruit trays from your local grocery store and just assemble it at home.
- Just roll out your sugar cookie dough And shape it into a big round circle pie shape and follow the directions below.
- Any kind that is fresh, firm, and colorful, it’s your choice.
Directions for baking the sugar cookie dough:
- First, set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, mix together all the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set it aside.
- Then in a larger bowl, mix in the eggs, the butter, and the sugar, as well as the vanilla extract until well blended.
- Now take your dry ingredients from the medium-sized bowl and slowly mix it into the larger bowl of wet ingredients a little bit at a time with a large spoon until it’s all incorporated inside.
- Now, since this recipe yields about 2 dozen individual cookies, you can roll it all up into one big ball and cut in half.
- freeze 1/2 for later and use the other half.
- Roll the ½ ball of cookie dough out into a big circle or pie shape and pop it in the oven To bake it for about 9-10 minutes.
- Once it’s done take it out and cool it completely.
Directions on how to assemble the Fruit Pizza:
- Okay so now for this part, you want to wait until right before you’re going to serve your guests.
- Since this is a dish best served fresh and cold ( no pun intended).
- Once your cookie dough crust is completely cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the top.
- Then decorate your fruit pizza however you like with your cut up fruit.
- However, I like to go in a circular pattern just to fancy it up a bit, you can do it too.