*Disclaimer: There are affiliate links on this post. I am a participant of the Amazon Associate Program. I may earn a commission on any qualifying purchases that you make at no additional cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosures. disclosure
Easy & Delicious Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers is another easy option for a weeknight meal. Growing up, it was one of our favorite dishes my mom often makes in our household.
Nowadays, I usually make this dish on Sundays when I have a little bit more time to assemble everything.
But, if you are like me and most other people nowadays and you are short on time, you can even make unstuffed peppers soup which tastes exactly the same as this recipe.
It may be a more convenient option for those who want to slurp their meals on the go!
We all have those days too!
But, if you prefer to eat stuffed peppers while sitting down- this is a great meal to serve for you and your family to share a meal together at the dining room table.
As you’ll notice that in all of my recipes, I tend to use ground turkey as opposed to ground beef. This is just my way of substituting (red meat) ground beef for a healthier option.
However, the choice is really up to you. You can use ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, or even veggie crumbles- if you want to be ultra healthy about it.
It’s all just a matter of personal preference and texture.
On to the recipe!
Ingredients: (serves a family of 4)
- 3 Bell peppers (tricolor, red, orange, and yellow)
- 1 tube of ground turkey
- One 16 oz. jar of Ragu pasta sauce, Old World style
- 1 cup of cooked long grain white rice
- one onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic in oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grilled hamburger spice or steak seasoning
- a couple squirts of soy sauce (preferably Golden Mountain)
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash your peppers thoroughly then slice all 3 peppers in ½, vertically.
- Remove all the seeds And set them aside for now.
- In a frying pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and the minced garlic and cook on medium-high heat for about 1 minute.
- Now add the chopped onions, and cook until translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add the tube of ground turkey, and add salt, sugar, black pepper, steak seasoning, and soy sauce.
- Mix it up thoroughly and cook and brown the ground turkey until juices run clear.
- Mix in the cooked rice and cook for about 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Line a glass pyrex casserole dish With aluminum foil, then add 1/2 slices a bell peppers cavity side up.
- Fill in each of the six open cavities of sliced peppers with your cooked meat and rice mixture.
- Lastly or the pasta sauce over top of each stuffed pepper.
- Cover up the glass baking dish with another sheet of aluminum foil creating a tent around the stuffed peppers the seal in the juices.
- Pop it in the oven And bake for about a 1.5 hours
-Add shredded cheese over top of the cooked stuffed peppers
– Garnish with parsley or cilantro, or even green onions before serving, enjoy!