Crazy Delicious Curry Chicken
Another one of our family’s favorite dishes is this crazy delicious curry chicken recipe.
This dish was originated from my mom’s version of Vietnamese Curry Chicken.
She makes this so often that it became her signature dish to this day and nobody ever complains because she always makes enough to feed an army.
So much so that my friends from college used to find an excuse to come over just so that they can eat dinner with us. 😉
Here is your chance to experience my mom’s home cooking for yourself, check out the recipe below.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 2 lbs. of chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 cans of coconut milk 16 oz.
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of Madras Yellow Curry Powder (from your local Asian grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- First, drizzle 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a medium-sized pot and add minced garlic.
- Next, add the sliced up chicken breasts pieces along with lemongrass, ginger root, salt, sugar, ground black pepper, & curry powder, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the russet potatoes & the sweet potato pieces along with the coconut milk and cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Make sure to submerge the potatoes in the curry sauce and partially cover the pot so that it does not boil over.
- After the potatoes are cooked, add the onions and the bell peppers and mix thoroughly, cooking for about 2 more minutes.
- Finally, serve your crazy delicious curry chicken over top of rice, noodles, or dip with french baguette.
- Add a splash of tartness to your dish with some cut up lime wedges
- Garnish it with a sprig of cilantro
- Serve with steaming hot long grain white rice or vermicelli rice noodles
- I have recently found a new to me type sweet potato noodle, they are made from purple yams.
- You can find them in the dried noodles aisle of your favorite Asian grocery store.