Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Pasta
Since we have been doing so well maintaining our food and grocery budget for the month, we have decided to stick with it and keep building our savings momentum.
Thanks to our weekly menu planning, we know exactly what to expect during each meal.
No more guessing at the last minute and running to the drive-thru to waste more time and money.
So tonight, it’s smorgasbord night on our weekly menu planning calendar.
That can mean several things; cleaning out what’s left over from the previous night’s dinners, reheating whatever veggie side is in the freezer, or eating whatever is in the good in the pantry.
A quick glance in the fridge yields: some leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded mozzarella cheese, hot sauce, cream cheese, dressing and milk, and that is where the recipe for buffalo blue cheese chicken pasta is born.
Want a copy of my free printable Weekly Menu to help you plan your meals?
Just scroll down below to download and print it out.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Pasta Recipe
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packet
- 1 package/brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Blue Cheese Dressing
- Garlic Salt Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Iodized Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup of milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic in oil
- Pre-grilled chicken or pre-cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 head of chopped broccoli pieces
- Pre-cooked thin spaghetti pasta noodles
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Dried Red Hot Pepper Flakes
- Sprig of parsley for garnish
- First, make sure that you have pre-cooked the thin spaghetti and grilled or rotisserie chicken ahead to save time.
- Next, make the buffalo blue cheese sauce in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil at the bottom of a saucepan and add minced garlic, cook on medium heat.
- Then add the brick of cream cheese to the hot oil mixture in the saucepan, breaking up the cheese brick as you swirl it in the saucepan to melt.
- Slowly add your milk or cream to help melt the cheese and keep the saucepan from burning, lower your heat on the stove.
- Once the cheese has been melted, about 5-6 minutes, add the remaining ingredients (including the blue cheese dressing & ranch packet) into the cheese sauce and cook until thoroughly melted and blended together.
- First assemble your pasta on a clean & pretty plate
- Next, add the cooked chicken and broccoli
- Third, drizzle your pasta, chicken, & broccoli with Buffalo Blue Cheese Sauce
- Optional: garnish your plate with a sprig of parsley, hot pepper flakes, or grated parmesan cheese for extra flavor & spice
Now go on and enjoy the fruits of your labor, bon appetit! 🙂