Hi there & welcome to www.fulloffortunes.com! I’m Diana, the crafty frugal-loving ninja who keeps this blog running. I am a wife to one swell hubby and a work-from-home mom to our 2 adorable rugrats: a boy, and a girl. It’s my pleasure to meet you! 🙂
If you’re a hustler who loves squeezing lemons and pinching pennies, you’re my kind of person.
Although I do moonlight as a ninja, I am really disguised as a money-saving ninja, with a penchant for all things DIY and home décor, to be perfectly honest. 😉 At least that is what I tell my kids (not the money saving part, but the ninja part because that makes me sound super duper cool to them.)
I love this season in our lives while they are still little and they still believe in the Tooth Fairy, for now. They’re so impressionable at this age and I find it oh so sweet and adorable! I just want to capture it in a bottle and hang on to it forever, (sigh)…
Prior to starting my adventures as a mom, I had a background in Personal Finance and Accounting, and I still do enjoy it. I believe that Personal Finance is important for everyone and it should be easy to follow and understand. But it does not have to be boring, that’s probably why we all avoid it. While I know how boring that may sound to most folks, I promise to help you break thru the myths and jargon and give it to you straight-up, in fun bite-sized pieces.
Although I did not initially plan to become a stay-at-home mom, I quickly discovered just how wonderful and satisfying it was to stay home and spend time with my kids while they are still young. In these last few years, I also discovered that I have developed a real knack for housekeeping, home décor, as well as living frugally and learning how to DIY!
Since then, I was determined to find ways to be able to stay home with my kids while still earning a part-time income online and contribute towards raising our little family. (Yes, it is possible to do-it-all as a mom and a wife. I’ve seen and heard countless women do it all the time, so I know it’s possible. )
The true takeaway here is to remember that:
WE ARE NOT PERFECT! Far from it!
You can do Anything you want to do, just not everything.
Therefore, we should all be ENCOURAGING and CELEBRATORY to one another in our pursuits!
So when I heard about how amazing and cathartic blogging is, naturally, I had to jump on that bandwagon too! It really is like writing to my best friend and knowing that she can relate and hang onto my every word. And even though we may live in a different part of the world, she’s never really that far away! Yay! 😉
My mission for this blog is to show you that it is possible for ANYONE to live a blessed, bountiful, and beautiful life on a dime. You do not need to spend a ton of money (or be a real ninja for that matter) to live a rich and fulfilling lifestyle.
All you really need is a little self-discipline, a dash of creativity, and a whole lot of love and encouragement to help keep you going in the right direction. If that sounds appealing to you, then you are in the right place. <3
Come join me in my quest to make money, save money, pay down debt, all while living a life that’s full of fortunes.
13 Little-known facts about me that I only share with special people:
- I am a total Introvert (I exhibit all of these: an INSP, an INTJ, & an INFP in some form or another) This makes parties really awkward, sweaty, and at times, suffocating. :/
- My idea of fun is staying at home and spending time with my family.
- I enjoy digital reading, but paper books are fun too.
- I love to make pretty things, and if they are cheap and pretty, even better.
- I sleep with my eyes open, I just do. (It’s a neat trick really. I am a built-in surveillance system.)
- Taro Flavored Bubble Tea with Rainbow Jelly is the best thing ever!
- My husband and I are both addicted to Game of Thrones.
- As a matter of fact, Netflix is our nightly ritual aka date night. We make this our priority and it’s cheap to boot!
- Action, Sci-fi, or comedies are our faves! (see #8)
- My loved-ones make fun me for only wearing: black, white, gray.
- No, I am not from The Matrix but I do admire Steve Jobs a great deal because it’s just easier for me to not have to think about it.
- Speak Thrifty to me, I love it! I love hearing about, learning, and sharing ideas about how to get more for less. I find it absolutely amazing and satisfying when we work towards the common goal of being debt-free. That, to me, is the definition of living the ultimate life for less!
- I’m a square- always cold, slightly weird, and totally paranoid, all the time. Thus, I am a ninja.
Thanks for coming by my little corner of the world-wide-web! 😉